We all know that AirPods are manufactured by Apple and are compatible with all Apple devices. However, what to do if you are a Lenovo user? You might be wondering how to connect AirPods to Lenovo laptop.
Well it depends on the Bluetooth version used on your Lenovo laptop if it’s too outdated then you might have a connection problem with the apple AirPods if they are compatible then you are good to go else you might need a Bluetooth adapter.
To connect AirPods to your Lenovo laptop, you need to be familiar with a few details. The connecting process of Apple AirPods and Lenovo laptops is not as complicated as it may sound. But after knowing these simple things, You will find the process of connection a lot more simple and easy.
Follow our step-by-step guide to save time and connect your AirPods to your Lenovo laptop easily.
Check If Your Lenovo Laptop Is Compatible With AirPods
Before connecting your Airpods to a Lenovo laptop, there are a few things to consider. You may face difficulties connecting your AirPods to a Lenovo laptop without knowing about these.
- Your laptop must need to be equipped with a built-in Bluetooth device. Without a Bluetooth device, you will never be able to connect AirPods to a Lenovo laptop.
- The second important thing is the version number of your laptop and your Bluetooth. Bluetooth versions of both devices must need to be compatible with each other for the connection. If they are incompatible, you will not be able to connect your AirPods to your Lenovo laptop.
To find the Bluetooth version of your laptop:
- First, Right-Click on the “Start Icon”.
- Now click on the “Device Manager”. Here a Bluetooth option will appear.
- Click on the arrow next to the Bluetooth button, and here you will see a list of Bluetooth devices.
- Your laptop Bluetooth device will be mentioned with the name “Wireless Bluetooth”.
- Double-click on the wireless Bluetooth option.
- A new window will pop up with all the information about your laptop’s Bluetooth.
The second way to find your laptop’s Bluetooth version is by searching your Lenovo laptop’s name and model number. After that, you will find all the related information about your laptop, and also you will see your laptop’s Bluetooth version.
You can find your AirPods Bluetooth version by simply searching the name and model number of your AirPods. Also, you can find it on Apple’s official site. There you will be able to know all the details about your AirPods.
These methods will help you find the version number of your laptop and AirPods. Furthermore, these methods will also let you know if both Bluetooth versions of your devices are compatible with each other or not.
What Do You Need To Connect AirPods To A Lenovo Laptop?
To connect your apple AirPods to your Lenovo laptop. You must first need to be familiar with the requirements for the connectivity between these two devices.
Thankfully most modern laptops are capable of maintaining connectivity between Bluetooth devices. These modern laptops meet the requirements for connectivity and come with built-in Bluetooth devices.
However, if your laptop is a little older, it may not have a built-in Bluetooth device, and as a result of the absence of a Bluetooth device in your laptop, you will not be able to connect your AirPods to a Lenovo laptop.
Alternatively, you may face issues with the connection if your laptop is old but still has a built-in Bluetooth device.
You would also like to know how old your laptop is.
As a result of not having a built-in Bluetooth device on your laptop, you need to buy a Bluetooth adapter for your laptop.
No products found.
A Bluetooth adapter is a device that gives a PC or a Laptop the capability to connect to any Bluetooth device and maintain a good connection between these two devices.
You only need to buy a Bluetooth adapter if your laptop does not have a built-in Bluetooth device.
Step By Step Process To Connect AirPods To Lenovo Laptop Using Bluetooth
Here is a simple method of connecting your AirPods to your Lenovo laptop using Bluetooth. Follow these steps, and you can easily connect your AirPods to your Lenovo laptop.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your laptop but click on the Start Button > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- On the Bluetooth by clicking on the Bluetooth toggle button.
- Put your AirPods back in the case and make sure they are fully charged to make and maintain a good connection with your Lenovo laptop.
- Press the small button given on the back of your AirPods case, And keep holding it until the light on the AirPods blinks white. If it does not blink, your AirPods are out of charge.
- Click on the “Add A Bluetooth Device” option in your laptop Bluetooth settings.
- You will find your AirPods in the “Available Devices” list.
- Click on the AirPods name you want to connect, and then click on the pair option to pair your Lenovo laptop to your AirPods.
Your AirPods are now paired to your Lenovo laptop, and you can make a connection between them and use it.
Note: Bluetooth will show your AirPods in the available devices list on your laptop if you have paired your AirPods to this device before.
Why Don’t My AirPods Appear On The List Of Available Bluetooth Devices?
Almost every AirPods user faces this problem of not showing the AirPods device on the “Available Devices List” when you want to connect your AirPods to the laptop Bluetooth device.
First, check whether your AirPods are connected to another Bluetooth device. If you find out they are connected to another Bluetooth device, you must disconnect it from another Bluetooth device, or else they won’t appear in the “Available Bluetooth Devices” list.
Apply the same check on your laptop too. If your laptop is connected to another Bluetooth device, then you won’t be able to connect another Bluetooth device to it.
Note: You can only connect one Bluetooth device to another simultaneously. There is no multi-connection feature in Bluetooth.
The other reason your laptop is still not showing AirPods in the “Available Bluetooth Devices” list is that your laptop could be too old to support AirPods.
Your Lenovo laptop might not have a built-in Bluetooth feature if it is an older version because most of the older versions of laptops do not come with a built-in Bluetooth device.
If your laptop also comes without a built-in Bluetooth device, you can purchase a Bluetooth adapter for your laptop. It will make your laptop capable of connecting to another Bluetooth device.
If you find out everything is clear and still facing some issues connecting your Lenovo laptop to your AirPods, try connecting both the AirPods and the laptop to another Bluetooth device and see if you are still facing the issues.
If the issue is in your AirPods, then you can contact Apple Airpods support for guidance, and if you face the issue due to your Lenovo laptop, then you need to contact Lenovo support immediately, and they will further guide you about the problem.
How To Connect AirPods To Your Lenovo Laptop Using A Bluetooth Adapter?
Bluetooth adapters are mainly used with devices that do not have a built-in Bluetooth device. A Bluetooth adapter allows your laptop or PC to connect with another Bluetooth device if your device doesn’t come to have built-in Bluetooth.
For connecting your AirPods to your Lenovo laptop, you must first install all the drivers necessary for the Bluetooth adapter.
You can download the drivers for your Bluetooth adapter by just searching the name and the model number of your Bluetooth adapter, or search for Bluetooth adapter drivers and find which one is compatible with your adapter.
After making everything ready, plug the adapter into the USB port, and a Bluetooth option will appear on your laptop.
Now put the AirPods back in the case and make sure they are fully charged, they must need to have enough charge to connect to a Bluetooth device.
After that, press and hold the small button given on the back of the AirPods case and hold it until a white light blink on the AirPods. After a blink of the light, it means your AirPods are ready to make a connection with another Bluetooth device.
Now open the Bluetooth settings on your laptop and click on the “Add a Bluetooth Device” option. Your AirPods will appear in the “Available Devices” list. Just click on your AirPods name in the “Available Devices” list and then click on the pair option.
With these simple steps, you have easily connected your AirPods to your laptop using a Bluetooth adapter.
FAQ(How To Connect AirPods to Lenovo Laptop)
How to connect AirPods to Chromebook?
Here is a simple way how you can connect your AirPods to your Chromebook:
1. Open your Chromebook and open Bluetooth settings.
2. Make sure the Bluetooth of both the Chromebook ad AirPods is On.
3. Go to the “Available Bluetooth Devices” list and click on your AirPods to pair them to your Chromebook.
4. Click on the pair option and now your AirPods are connected to your Chromebook.
If the connection is clear, the LED light on the AirPods case will turn green, and the Bluetooth status on the Chromebook will show connected.
How To Connect AirPods to Lenovo Laptop?
Here are some simple steps for making a connection between a Lenovo laptop and AirPods:
1. Open your laptop and click on the start button.
2. Open settings and make sure your Bluetooth is On.
3. Click on “Add a Bluetooth Device” in the Bluetooth settings.
4. Click on “Add a Bluetooth or Other Device”.
5. Make sure your AirPods are ready to make the connection, and wait for your laptop to detect the AirPods.
6. When your AirPods name appears in the list, click on it.
7. Your AirPods are now paired with your Lenovo laptop.
Why won’t my AirPods connect to Lenovo Laptop?
Most of the time, we face the issue of our laptops not detecting our AirPods. Try switching your Lenovo laptop off and back on to get rid of this issue.
After that, try connecting it again. If you still face the issue, then check your AirPods charge and ensure they have enough charge to maintain the connection.
If you are still facing the issue, check whether your AirPods are in pairing mode. If not, then first put them in pairing mode. If you still face the issue, you must immediately contact Lenovo support for further guidance.
Airpods are a very easy-to-use and reliable product of apple, and now you also got the idea of connecting AirPods to Lenovo laptops.
With the help of this guide, you can easily connect your AirPods to an older version of the Lenovo laptop, or you can follow this guide if you have a brand new one.
This guide will also help you with the problem of not having a built-in Bluetooth device on your laptop but using a Bluetooth adapter with it. And follow some simple steps after that.
The whole process is straightforward to understand and implement. You just need to have some basic knowledge about your laptop and AirPods and after that, just follow some simple and easy steps.
If you are still facing issues with the connection, I recommend visiting the official support site for the device causing the issue. And let them know about the problem you are facing, and they will guide you and provide you with all the knowledge about your device.
But if you are not facing any issues and your laptop is compatible with AirPods, then you are good to go.
Jason Howard is writer and editor on GadgetFeed. He has a BS degree in computer science, and he uses his technical skills and knowledge to create helpful and engaging content for you. He is passionate about exploring new trends and innovations in the tech world. In his free time, Jason loves to play video games and soccer.