Have you ever dropped your laptop and shattered the screen? A broken laptop screen can be a major inconvenience and expense. But how much does it cost to repair a laptop screen?
The cost to repair a laptop screen varies depending on the brand and model of the laptop, as well as the type of screen used. On average, repairs can cost anywhere from $50 to $300 or more. High-end laptop brands, like Apple, often have higher repair costs due to the use of specialty parts.
Knowing the cost of repairing a laptop screen is crucial when deciding whether to fix it or replace the laptop entirely. In this article, we will dive into the costs associated with repairing a laptop screen and provide valuable insights from renowned technology experts. So, stick around to find out the exact cost of repairing your broken laptop screen.
How Do I Find out If My Laptop Screen Is Damaged or Not?
To determine if your laptop screen is damaged, you can follow these steps:
- Check the surface of the screen for any visible cracks, scratches, or other physical damage. This is the most obvious indication that the screen is damaged.
- Look for any discoloration, dead pixels, or lines on the screen that shouldn’t be there. These could indicate damage to the screen as well.
- Connect an external monitor to your laptop. If the same issues are not present on the external monitor, it is likely that the problem lies with the laptop screen.
- Test the laptop screen in different applications and scenarios to see if the issues persist. This will help you determine if the problem is with the screen or with the display settings.
If you suspect that your laptop screen is damaged, it is best to take it to a professional for repair or replacement. A professional will be able to diagnose the issue and make the necessary repairs to ensure that your laptop is working properly again.
The average cost of a laptop screen repair:
The cost of repairing a laptop screen varies based on the make and model of the laptop and the extent of the damage. On average, it can range from $50 to $300. However, in some cases, it may be more cost-effective to replace the laptop entirely rather than repair the screen.
In addition to the brands, types, and sizes of laptops, another factor that affects the cost of laptop screen repair is the method chosen for repair.
But before going for a screen repair, check the warranty period. If it is valid, we recommend not going for laptop screen repair but claiming replacement. Also, check whether it is just screen damage, or the panel is involved because in that case, only the screen repair is not the solution.
Depending on the brand, laptop screen replacement might cost anywhere from $200 to $600, including parts and labor, taxes, and shipping charges. Again, choosing a reliable repair company can help cut prices, but it will still cost between $150 and $300.
If the damaged laptop is a gaming laptop, then the cost of repair increases. Even the cheapest gaming laptops of around $1200 might easily cost $500 to restore the screen. But remember that the sharpness and performance of the screen may not be the same once it has been repaired.
|$60 to $200
|$50 to $300
|$40 to $200
|$60 to $350
|$45 to $250
|$99 to $300
|$40 to $200
Screen replacement costs for Samsung laptops range from $60 to $200. This price range enables clients to select a screen replacement option that matches their budget while still receiving high-quality repair services.
Screen replacement expenses for Acer laptops range from $50 to $300. Customers in this price category have a wide choice of options, making it simple for them to find the best screen replacement solution for their needs and budget.
The cost of replacing the screen on an HP laptop ranges from $40 to $200. This range offers consumers economical and high-quality laptop repair solutions, guaranteeing that they can have their laptops back up and running quickly.
Screen repair charges for Lenovo laptops range from $60 to $350. This price range provides consumers with a wide range of options, making it simple for them to pick the best solution for their laptop repair needs.
Dell laptop screen replacement costs range between $45 and $250. This selection provides consumers with a number of options, guaranteeing that they may discover the best screen replacement solution for their laptop repair needs, regardless of their budget.
The cost of replacing the screen on an Apple laptop ranges from $99 to $300. This price range offers consumers economical and high-quality laptop repair choices, guaranteeing that they can have their laptops back up and running promptly.
Types of Laptop Screens:
There are two types of screens. LCD and LED.
The cost of LCD screen repair is less than the LED screen repair. $30 to $100 is the usual price for an LCD screen repair; however, LED screen repair may cost $200 to $300. The price is much higher for the latest Apple models and goes up to $750.
Tips to follow for the repair of a damaged laptop screen:
- To estimate the cost that you have to bear for the repair of your damaged laptop screen, search various websites to get a clear idea about the repair price. Let’s take the example of ScreenTek, a website to search for screen replacements. You have to enter the model of your laptop in the search field, and you will get the estimated repair price offered by the technician. The technician will cost you more, so the decision is up to you whether you want the technician’s help or repair it yourself.
- Searching for a qualified, expert trainer is another crucial step as a less qualified technician may cost you less, but you might lose your expensive gadget. So, search for the one who is currently handling the devices of your laptop brand. Such people will fix the screen quickly and efficiently.
- Check all the shops in your area offering repair services. Go for the one with higher positive reviews. While handling your laptop, getting a quote will help you estimate the cost. They can’t tell you the exact price but can give you an idea while looking at the damaged parts of your laptop. As you have already searched a lot, getting a quote will save you from spending extra money.
FAQ (How Much Does It Cost To Repair A Laptop Screen)
What is the average market cost of laptop screen repair?
A laptop repair should never exceed 25% of the laptop purchase price. For example, for a laptop worth 700$, the repairing cost would be around 175$. So, be mindful of the market rates, and don’t get yourself robbed by paying extra money for your gadgets.
Should I fix my broken laptop screen or buy a new laptop?
A broken screen does not mean that your laptop is wasted. You can replace your laptop screen with a new one that will cost you around $80; the price fluctuates according to the laptop model. Computer repair shops can charge you $150 to $300, so it’s better to replace it yourself.
Is it fruitful to fix a ten-year-old laptop?
Well, that depends on the opinions of different persons, but generally, a regular user should update their computer after 5-10 years. This is because an old computer having a single problem can be worth repairing, whereas a new computer with a slew of problems might be worth replacing.
Is it worth fixing a laptop screen?
Laptops depreciate by around 30% every year on average. Avoid repairs that cost more than 25% of the original price, as they may not be worthwhile. For example, if you purchased a laptop for $500, the maximum you should consider spending is a $125 repair price for a damaged screen in the second year. Aside from that, it may not be the most cost-effective solution.
Is it possible to repair a laptop screen without replacing it?
Yes, sometimes the issue is not with the screen itself but rather a software problem. In such cases, uninstalling the problematic software or simply restarting the laptop may resolve the issue. Additionally, over time, the cable connecting the laptop screen can become loose, and tightening it can also fix the screen problem.
As a damaged laptop loses your connection from your official and personal data, getting it fixed is your first and foremost priority. How much it costs is an important question that must be answered. By reading this article, you will get an idea of the cost that depends on your laptop’s model, size, and brand.
So, search properly to get your laptop fixed at a reasonable price from an expert technician because you cannot afford to lose your working gadget.
Hi, I’m Michael Davis, the owner and writer of GadgetsFeed.com. This website is where I share my knowledge and passion for tech, laptops, and computers. I’m a software engineer by profession, and I enjoy testing and reviewing various gadgets and technologies. I started GadgetsFeed.com to help others find easy solutions for their laptop, computer, and tech problems.