AirPods are Apple’s wireless headphones that have become immensely popular in just one year. Many people love using their AirPods because they’re convenient and easy. We all know that AirPods are Apple’s products and are compatible with all Apple products. But what if you are a hp user? You might be wondering how to connect AirPods to hp laptop.
Well, there are a few details you need to know before connecting your Airpods to your HP laptop. The process is not as complicated as it might sound, but some specific things will help go a lot more smoothly if you take the time to read our step-by-step guide here.
Check if your Hp laptop is compatible with AirPods
If you want to connect AirPods to your hp laptop, there are a few things to look out for. Without these, you won’t be able to connect your AirPods to your hp laptop.
First, you must ensure your laptop is equipped with built-in Bluetooth. If your laptop doesn’t have Bluetooth, it won’t be able to connect to AirPods.
The second thing to look after is the version of the AirPods Bluetooth and the version of your laptop’s Bluetooth. Some new versions of Bluetooth are not compatible with the older ones.
You can find your laptop’s Bluetooth version by:
- Right-clicking on the “Start Menu”.
- Click on “Device Manager”, and here you will see a Bluetooth option.
- Click on the arrow next to the Bluetooth option. Here, your laptop Bluetooth will be mentioned with the name “Wireless Bluetooth”.
- Now double click on the wireless Bluetooth option. After that, a new window will appear, having all the information about your laptop’s Bluetooth.
You can also find your laptop’s Bluetooth version by searching the name and the model number of your laptop.
To find the version number of your AirPods Bluetooth, you have to visit apple’s official site, and there you will be able to find the version number of your AirPods Bluetooth.
By following these methods, you will be able to find out whether your laptop and AirPods are compatible with each other or not.
Know the Requirements Before Connecting AirPods to your Hp laptop
Before connecting your AirPods to your hp laptop, you must first know the requirements for connectivity between these two devices. Thankfully most modern laptops meet those requirements by default and come with built-in Bluetooth devices.
But if your laptop is a little older and doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth device, then you won’t be able to connect your AirPods to your hp laptop. Or you are most likely to face some issues while connecting AirPods to your laptop if it is an older laptop with a built-in Bluetooth device.
Read this if you want to know how old is your Hp laptop.
In cases like that, you have to buy a Bluetooth adapter for your hp laptop to maintain a good connection between the laptop and the AirPods.
Note: You can only connect one of your AirPods to your hp laptop simultaneously. It means if your laptop is connected to another Bluetooth device, you won’t be able to connect your AirPods to your laptop until you disconnect the other device.
What do you need to connect your AirPods to your HP laptop?
To make a connection between AirPods and a hp laptop. You only need to have a Bluetooth device available on your laptop.
If your laptop has a built-in Bluetooth device compatible with the AirPods Bluetooth version, you are good to go.
If the Bluetooth on your hp laptop is not working then you can also contact hp support and they will guide you and will inform you about the issue you are facing.
After checking on these, now you can easily connect your AirPods to your hp laptop by just following some simple steps.
How to connect AirPods to your HP laptop using Bluetooth?
I will share a simple method of connecting AirPods to your hp laptop. Follow these steps, and you will easily be able to connect your AirPods to your hp laptop:
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your laptop by clicking on the Start Button > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. And make sure your laptop’s Bluetooth is on.
- Now put the AirPods back in the case and ensure they have enough charge to connect to your laptop.
- Now press the small button given on the back of the AirPods case and hold it for some time until the light on the AirPods blinks up.
- Now click on the “Add a Bluetooth Device” option in your laptop’s Bluetooth settings.
- Here you will find your AirPods in the available devices list.
- Click on the AirPods you want to connect, then click on pair. That’s It, your AirPods are now connected to your laptop, and now you can use it.
Note: If you have paired your AirPods to this device before, then the Bluetooth will show your AirPods in the available devices list on your laptop.
Why don’t my AirPods appear on the list of available Bluetooth devices?
It’s a very common problem that occurs with almost everyone. You want to connect your AirPods to your laptop, but the AirPods don’t appear in the “Available Bluetooth Devices” list.
To solve this problem, you must first check whether your AirPods are connected to another Bluetooth device. If so, they won’t appear on the “Available Bluetooth Devices” list. To connect your AirPods to your hp laptop, you have to make sure both AirPods and laptop are not connected to another Bluetooth device.
If you are still not seeing your AirPods in the available devices list after disconnecting both AirPods and laptop from another Bluetooth device, it could be that your hp laptop is too old to support AirPods.
Your hp laptop might not have built-in Bluetooth if it is an older model. If your laptop doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth device, you might need to purchase a Bluetooth adapter to connect AirPods to your hp laptop.
- Nano-sized USB 2.0 Bluetooth 5.0 + EDR adapter that is the smallest sized...
- Bluetooth SIG Certified for maximum compatibility and consistent...
- Wide compatibility, Supports Windows 8.1/10/11, Linux: Kernel 2.6.32 - 5.3...
- Single-chip Bluetooth 5 controller, combines multiple protocols for full...
- Supports dual mode (BR/EDR + LE Controllers), compatible with previous...
Last update on 2023-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If everything is clear and you are still facing issues in connecting your AirPods to your hp laptop, try connecting the AirPods to another Bluetooth device. If it also doesn’t work with another Bluetooth device then you need to contact Apple support and they will further guide you about the problem you are facing.
How to connect AirPods to your HP laptop using a Bluetooth adapter?
Bluetooth adapter is mainly used for devices that do not have built-in Bluetooth. A Bluetooth adapter allows your laptop or computer to connect to a Bluetooth device if your device doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth device.
To connect AirPods to your hp laptop, you have to first install the drivers for the Bluetooth adapter. You will find the drivers for the adapter by searching the name and model number of the adapter, or you can simply search for Bluetooth adapter drivers and find which one is compatible with your device.
After that, plug the Bluetooth adapter into the laptop’s USB port. A Bluetooth option will appear on your laptop.
Now put your AirPods back in the case, press and hold the small button on the back of the AirPods case until the light blinks up. Now open the Bluetooth settings on your laptop and click on “Add a Bluetooth Device”.
Here your AirPods will appear in the “Available Bluetooth Devices” list. Just click on your AirPods name in the “Available Bluetooth Devices” list and click on pair. With these simple steps, you can easily connect your AirPods to your laptop using a Bluetooth adapter.
FAQ(How to Connect Airpods to Hp Laptop)
How do I connect AirPods to a mac?
To connect your AirPods to a mac, you need to follow some simple steps:
1. Put the AirPods back in the case and open the lid.
2. Press and hold the small button on your AirPods back until it flashes white.
3. Open mac. Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth.
4. In the devices list, select AirPods.
And you are done. You have easily connected your AirPods to mac by following some easy steps.
How do I connect AirPods to a Chromebook?
Follow the below-given steps to connect your AirPods to a Chromebook easily:
1. Select the menu on Chromebook, then select Bluetooth and turn the Bluetooth connection on.
2. Press and hold the button on your AirPods back until it flashes white.
3. Go to the “Available Bluetooth Devices” list on Chromebook and select AirPods.
Now your AirPods are paired with the Chromebook, and you can use them for any purpose.
Why won’t my hp laptop detect my AirPods?
It’s a common problem for laptops sometimes fail to recognize Bluetooth devices. To troubleshoot the Bluetooth detection problem, you can refresh the connection by following some simple steps mentioned below:
1. Turn the Bluetooth off on your laptop and put the AirPods back in the case to refresh the connection between both the devices.
2. Now turn the Bluetooth On and take out the AirPods from the case.
3. Turn On pairing mode again, and you can easily connect AirPods to your laptop.
Still facing the issue, check if the AirPods are automatically connected to another device. If so, disconnect it from the other device first and try again.
If you still face the issue, try connecting your hp laptop to another Bluetooth device. If it doesn’t detect another Bluetooth device, you need to contact Hp support immediately.
Why am I getting a bad audio quality on my AirPods?
If you are experiencing a bad audio quality and the audio keeps stuttering, then you need to follow these steps to troubleshoot your problem:
1. Fully charge the AirPods before using them with your device. Or else, you might find some issues like audio stuttering or losing connection again and again.
2. You might be out of your laptop’s Bluetooth range. The normal range for AirPods is between 30 to 60 feet or 10 to 18 meters.
3. Try updating your hp laptop drivers. You may also face issues if your laptop drivers are not up to date.
If you are still facing the issue after applying these troubleshooting tips, you need to call apple support for help with technical damage.
Airpods are widely used nowadays, and you will find them with almost everyone. Besides using it, you also need to know how to connect your AirPods to different Bluetooth devices.
Also, you need to know a little about your laptop and your AirPods Bluetooth versions. After that, you will easily be able to know whether your laptop and AirPods are compatible with each other or not.
If your laptop doesn’t have a built-in Bluetooth device, then you have to buy a USB adapter for your laptop to use AirPods with your device. But you must need Bluetooth on your laptop to connect AirPods to it.
You can easily follow the steps mentioned above to connect your AirPods to your hp laptop in simple and easy steps.