A laptop without charging is as useless as a damaged laptop. But, on the other hand, a laptop with good battery time helps you complete your tasks on time regardless of the load shedding giving everyone a tough and panicking time.
Because of the restricted outside movements caused by the corona epidemic, online business and online classes are at an all-time high. As a result, the use of laptops has increased tenfold, affecting battery life and efficiency.
Bad battery timings are inconvenient, and the first notion that comes to mind is to replace that useless battery. But along with that, the problem is affordability. How much does it cost to replace a laptop battery? It is the question that hits the mind of the person. Right???
Well, the cost depends upon your laptop type, brand, and model. Also, don’t forget to check for your laptop’s warranty as you can avail of the offer and get your problem solved without spending any money.
Note: If you need a fully new battery, that is, if you need to change the previous battery in your system, you do not have to get it from the laptop’s manufacturer company. This is because you will wind up paying a lot of money. Usable batteries are also fantastic if you thoroughly inspect them and are confident that they will function well with your system.
Your laptop’s battery life is determined by its type, level of maintenance, and usage. The battery life span is around 1000 times of it being fully charged. Put another way; the typical lifespan is between two and four years.
Factors that show your laptop battery needs to be replaced:
How can you say that my laptop’s battery is not working well? First, look at the following factors, and if these are present, go for battery replacement.
- While using the laptop, check your laptop’s bottom area to see if it is overheated or not. With a poor battery, the laptop’s machinery has to work harder, and the normal mechanisms like heat sinks and fans involved in the cooling process can’t do it properly. (How To Check Laptop Fan Is Working Or Not?)
- Timing the laptop usage after the battery is fully recharged is the main determinant of your laptop’s battery efficiency. If the battery ends shortly after removing it from the charging source, then it means this is the time to replace your laptop’s battery. (How To Charge Laptop Battery Manually)
- Keep track of how frequently the laptop shuts down unexpectedly. On the other hand, a malfunction does not always signal an issue with the battery. A malfunctioning battery is likely to be the root of the problem in a sudden unexpected shut down after fully charging it.
- In case your laptop starts taking too much time to be fully charged, then consider changing your laptop’s battery.
- Mac operating systems display an indicator when the battery hits critical levels. It is a sign that your battery is in poor health.
Brand Wise Laptop Battery Replacement Cost
According to estimations for 2022, a laptop replacement battery will cost between $50 and $200 on average. The cost of a laptop battery varies depending on the manufacturer and model. The cost of a Macbook battery replacement will be more than that of any other brand, such as Dell, Acer, or hp.
Let’s dive into the brand-wise cost of laptop battery replacement.
|$20 to $105
|$20 to $100
|$20 to $145
|$25 to $125
|$30 to $120
|$25 to $200
|$129 to $199
Last update on 2024-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to Replace Laptop Battery at Home
It’s a simple procedure. You can replace the battery in your laptop on your own after obtaining the suitable one. The procedure is as follows:
- To begin, generate a battery report for the battery issue in the operating system you’re using.
- Then it would be best if you disconnect all of the power source’s connections.
- Remove the rear panel with a screwdriver.
- Remove the old battery.
- The new battery must then be connected to the power source.
- After that, carefully position the back panel.
- Evaluate a fresh battery’s performance.
Note: If your laptop’s battery isn’t detachable, you’ll need to contact the device’s original manufacturer.
Hourly labor cost for replacing your laptop battery is $30 to $50. However, as this is a simple procedure, you can save this money by changing it on your own.
Is it necessary to get a new laptop battery?
Even the most meticulously kept laptop battery will ultimately fail. When your laptop battery dies, it may have reached the end of its life cycle, indicating that it is time to replace it. However, even though battery death may occur suddenly, it does not.
Is it possible to use my laptop without any battery?
You certainly can. A laptop can continue work even if the battery is dead. The battery should be detached and attached to the electrical supply for the machine to work. The only difference is that if you cut off the power, the laptop will go down as there is no backup power; therefore, it will shut down promptly and not stop the process.
Is it bad to always have your laptop plugged in?
If you want your battery to survive as long as possible, you must take proper care of it. It is not detrimental to your battery to have your laptop plugged in all the time. However, remember that this is associated with a faulty laptop battery. You must prevent your battery from overheating and take precautions to avoid it. Always plug out the charger when you stop using your laptop.
What is the price of a Hp laptop battery?
Hp batteries are notorious for rapidly losing capacity after just three years, which is completely unfair. The good news is that Hp batteries aren’t too expensive. They are reasonably inexpensive, ranging between $18 and $30, depending on your laptop type. The batteries for the Hp Pavilion laptop are also around $35.
Since you know how much laptop batteries cost, you should take better battery care. Unfortunately, these batteries are pricey and may impact your finances. However, laptop battery care is simple, so don’t let it interfere with your routine.
Hi, I’m Michael Davis, the owner and writer of GadgetsFeed.com. This website is where I share my knowledge and passion for tech, laptops, and computers. I’m a software engineer by profession, and I enjoy testing and reviewing various gadgets and technologies. I started GadgetsFeed.com to help others find easy solutions for their laptop, computer, and tech problems.