Depending on the number and kind of mods and packs you want to install, Sim 4 might take up a lot of room. There are many expansion packs to download.
Because of this, many gamers are concerned as to how much space does Sims 4 take up. Before we get into how much space Will Sims 4 take, it’s vital to understand the game and why this issue arises.
What Is Sims 4?
The Sims 4 is a life simulation game developed by Maxis’ Redwood Shores studio and launched by Electronic Arts for Microsoft Windows, which was released on September 2, 2014. The fourth major version of the series is The Sims 4, whereas the current pack (November 13, 2020) is known as “Snowy Escape.”
The Sims 4 is a life simulation game in which you create new Sims with distinct personalities. They will reveal depth, richness, and even insane possibilities when you write the tales. It’s the first time it looks at various environmental changes rather than just what they are?
Furthermore, the new edition of The Sims 4 allows players to share their customizations with other users directly from the all-new gallery.
As a result, the sims will enter a new age, which promises to be an outstanding gaming experience.
How Much Space Does Sims 4 Take Up?
The size of the Sims 4 will be determined by how many packs and modes you install since there are several expansion packs in The Sims 4.
Below I am sharing the minimum requirements for the Sims 4 game so you can have an idea of the specs you will need to play the game smoothly on your laptop or computer
You May Like:
Sims 4 System Requirements For Windows Laptop
I will be sharing the minimum and maximum specs for Sims so you can match your system specs with it.
Minimum Specs For Sims 4:
- CPU: To play The Sims 4, your computer should have at least 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or better.
- Storage space: To get optimal performance, you’ll need at least 25 GB of storage space. If you go above that, it’s all good.
- Video card: It must be an NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, an ATI Radeon X1300 or greater, or an Intel GMA X4500 or higher.
- RAM: 4GB of RAM
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0,10 and 11 Compatible
- Operating System: There isn’t a certain operating system. you cann install Sims 4 on Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 with a 64-bit processor.
Recommended Specs For Sims 4:
- CPU: I know that the low-end requirements allow the game to run. However, I recommend Intel Core i5 or faster processors for a more consistent experience.
- Video Card: If you want to play games on the PC, we recommend that you use an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 or higher..
- RAM: 4 GB of RAM is okay but to get the most optimal performance you should go with 8 GB or Higher RAM
- Storage Space: At least 30GB is required. Because the newest expansion packs include more features, you’ll need to install them only if you have enough space.
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Extreme Performance: Crush the competition with the impressive power and...
- RTX, It's On: The latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (6GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM)...
- Blazing-Fast Display: This 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS LED-backlit...
- Internal Specifications: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz memory (2 DDR4 Slots Total,...
- Aspect Ratio:16:9.Connectivity Technology: HDMI,USB,Ethernet,WiFi,Bluetooth
- Dominate the Game: With the 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H processor, your...
- RTX, It's On: The latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 (4GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM)...
- Visual Intensity: Explore game worlds in Full HD detail on the 15.6"...
- Internal Specifications: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz Memory (2 DDR4 Slots Total,...
- 【Powerful Storage】: 24GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory, 1TB Solid State Drive
- 【ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 AMD】: AMD Ryzen 9 5000 Series Processor, AMD...
- 【Strong Graphics and Display】: Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 6GB...
- 【External Ports and Slots】: 1 x HDMI 2.0b, 2 x USB-A 3.2, 2 x USB-C 3.2...
- 【Operating System】: Windows 11 Professional, Backlit Keyboard,...
Last update on 2023-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Sims 4 System Requirements For Mac
When The Sims 4 is launched, it will just work with Windows laptops since it was designed only for these machines. However, on February 17, 2015, Maxis, a game software development firm based in the United States, released a Mac-compatible edition for Mac users.
Minimum Specs For Mac:
- CPU: Minimum Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better processor
- Video card: at least NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
- RAM: 4 GB RAM.
- Storage space: At least 25GB of the free space
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitán) or later recommended.
Recommended Specs For Mac:
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4.
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
- RAM: Go with 8GB of RAM if you want the good best performance
- Storage Space: at least 30 GB is needed.
FAQ(How Much Space Does Sims 4 Take Up)
Will more ram help Sims 4?
Yes, definitely. It is beneficial. You may spend money on specifications for The Sims 4 if you have it. The game performance will be better.
How much ram do I need for Sims 4?
There’s no way you can play on 1GB or 2GB of RAM, right? How much memory does The Sims 4 require? It requires at least 4GB of RAM to run properly. To have a pleasant experience, you’ll need at least 4GB of RAM.
Can Sims 4 run on 2GB RAM?
This isn’t the case. You’ll need at least 4GB of RAM to play the Sims 4 game.
Is 8 GB ram enough for Sim 4?
4GB of RAM is the minimum requirement for The Sims 4. 8GB of RAM or high can make your gameplay so smooth.
How much space does Sims 4 take up with all expansions?
To install all expansions, you’ll need at least 25GB of storage. Otherwise, you’ll run out of space and have a terrible experience with the game
How big is the Sims 4?
The Sims 4 game file is greater than 20GB, which is typical for a The Sims 4 game.
Is More RAM Going To Help Smoother Sims 4 Gameplay?
Yes, if money isn’t a problem, go for laptops with more RAM. When it comes to gaming performance, additional RAM is beneficial and will make your Sims 4 gameplay smoother.
I believe I’ve covered the most frequently asked questions about Sims 4 video games on the internet. Hopefully, you’ll better know how much disk space Sims 4 takes up now. What’s the size of The Sims 4?
One more thing if you’re playing The Sims 4 on a Macbook 128 GB. You can install the game and all expansions on an external hard drive because it’s a big game.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below, and I will respond as soon as possible.