Are you curious to know your Lenovo laptop’s age, or are you just checking how old is my Lenovo laptop to apply for the warranty of your Lenovo laptop?
In this guide, we cover 3 easy ways you can check how old my Lenovo laptop is. Checking the age of a laptop is helpful if you want to buy a second-hand laptop or know the status of your laptop warranty.
Also, the age of your laptop help in finding the necessary replacement parts to upgrade your Lenovo laptop.
3 Methods For Finding How Old is My Lenovo Laptop
Before proceeding to the actual methods of how old your Lenovo laptop is, let’s first clear some fundamental doubts regarding the age of the laptop.
As you know, technology is changing rapidly, and every year different laptops and processors are released.
Manufacture sometimes usually put old parts in their new budgets system, so the age of the laptop is not entirely accurate. Still, it is close to the actual age, so you have an estimate of your Lenovo laptop age.
Also, if you change the Lenovo BIOS, then the BIOS version date when we found one of our methods below will not be accurate.
So what we recommend is to cross-check the 3 methods to find the most accurate manufacture date of your Lenovo laptop, and from the manufacture date, you can discover how old is my Lenovo laptop?
Below are the 3 methods you can check one by one to know precisely what your Lenovo laptop age is.
How Old is My Lenovo Laptop Using Serial Number
Every electronic gadget has some unique identifier place by the company to identify the specific product exact is the case with the Lenovo laptop.
And this unique identifier in a laptop is known as the serial number of the Lenovo laptop. It is a white sticker with having a string of numbers and characters. Usually, it is placed on the backside of your Lenovo laptop.
Using this number, you can find how old my Lenovo laptop is, and also you can use it to know your laptop warranty status with your laptop manufacturer.
Once you find the serial number of the Lenovo laptop, you can follow the steps below to find the age of your Lenovo laptop from the serial number.
- Locate the serial number on the backside of your Lenovo laptop
- Go to Lenovo support and paste the serial number on the search box and click on the search
- Lenovo’s website will give information regarding the warranty status and the ship date, model number, and other specs.
Note: The ship date is the same as the manufacture date because it is when your computer or laptop is finished and ready to be shipped to the retailer.
If you have difficulty finding your serial number or want to try the other method for cross-checking the date, you can follow the next method to find my Lenovo laptop age.
- [High Speed RAM And Enormous Space] 20GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run...
- [Processor] Intel Core i3-1115G4 Processor (2 Cores, 4 Threads, 6MB Intel...
- [Display] 14" FHD (1920 x 1080) Non-touch LCD Display
- [Tech Specs] 1 x USB-A 2.0, 2 x SuperSpeed USB-A 3.2, 1 x...
- [Operating System] Windows 11 Home-Beautiful, more consistent new design,...
- 【Memory & Storage】Memory is 8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run...
- 【Processor】11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 Dual-Core 3.0GHz Processor...
- 【Screen】15.6" HD Touchscreen (1366 x 768) Display
- 【Ports】2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x...
- 【Operating System】Windows 11 Home
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work...
- Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Laptop PC
- Intel Core I5 2520M up to 3.2GHz
- 8G DDR3, 320G HDD, DVD
- Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Support English/French/Spanish
Last update on 2023-11-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How Old is My Lenovo Laptop Using System Information
If you are using windows, you will have built-in software for checking your system specs like how much RAM you have, how much processing power you have, or what’s the name of your CPU.
This information can be helpful in many ways, like finding the replacements parts for your laptop or finding how old is my Lenovo laptop.
CPU (Central Processing Unit), known as the brain of a computer system, is one of the components we can use to estimate the age of our Lenovo laptop.
Although many manufacturers use old CPUs in their budget, laptops but cross-check the date with other methods can give the close manufacture date of our Lenovo laptop.
Below is the step-by-step way of finding the manufacture date of CPU in Lenovo laptop using system information in Windows 10.
- Go to the windows search and type system information
- Tab will appear having all your Lenovo system information
- Locate the Processor, and next to it is a CPU name
- Copy the CPU name and Google it
- Manufacture website of CPU will appear
- Open the manufacture website somewhere at the bottom of the page manufacture date of the CPU will mention.
Note: As we talk earlier, this method should be considered entirely accurate do cross-check with other ways to find how old your Lenovo laptop is.
How Old is My Lenovo Laptop Using Command Prompt
In this method of finding how old is my Lenovo laptop, we will be using the command prompt to display the BIOS version date to estimate the manufacture date of the website.
If you don’t know a command prompt, a command-line interpreter performs advanced administrative tasks using commands.
So we will be using the systeminfo.exe command in the command prompt to display the Lenovo system information, and in that data, we will locate the BIOS version info.
Step by step method for using systeminfo.exe command for finding the Lenovo laptop BIOS version
- Go to Windows search box
- Type CMD and press Enter
- Now Type systeminfo.exe command in Command Prompt
- Locate BIOS version Date in system information
- Next to the BIOS version is the manufacture date of the BIOS
Using this data, you can know the age of your Lenovo laptop, but if you buy a used or refurbished Lenovo laptop, there are chances that BIOS might be updated.
So the best method we will recommend for you is to cross-check the data with other methods, and you will have an idea of how old your Lenovo laptop is.
You May Like: How To Connect AirPods to Lenovo Laptop
FAQ(How Old is My Lenovo Laptop)
How do I find the manufacture date of my Lenovo laptop?
Go to windows search and type system information. Then in the system information tab, look for BIOS date/version. It will provide the manufacture name and the date your Lenovo laptop is built.
What is the lifespan of a Lenovo laptop?
The average life span o a Lenovo laptop depends on how you use your laptop. If you use the laptop roughly, it will have an average lifespan of 3 to 5 years.
Finding how old is my Lenovo laptop is helpful if you want to check the warranty status of your Lenovo laptop or are just curious to know the age of your Lenovo laptop.
This guide covers all the easy ways to find how old your Lenovo laptop is, and you can use this information for various purposes.
You May Like: